Nation fires more journalists in mass sacking [Updated List]
Up to 140 employees expected to leave NMG
The Aga Khan - owned media house announced the mass sacking as part of its strategy to cut off operational costs and align itself with the changes in media business.
A source aware of the operations at Nation exclusively informed Pulselive.co.ke that the sackings will be effected in phases and may claim up to 140 employees.
NTV editor, who is also the voice behind popular satiirical show, Bulls Eye, on Tuesday received his sacking letter.
The first phase of the sackings started on Monday with NTV reporter Lolani Kalu being one of the first casualties.
Kalu is known for the Malimwengu programme which reports humorous events in the Swahili language.
Here is part of the list:
1. Emmanuel Juma - NTV editor
2. Lolani Kalu - NTV reporter
Non editorial staff
3. Cromwel Onyango - NTV Head of Graphics
4. Wycliffe Mutesa - System engineer
5. Rose Luta - Head of Marketing
6. Michael Walekwa - Head of Circulation
7. Felix Osano - Procurement Ofiicer
8. Joan Kuchio Business Development Manager
9. Naomi Mbuvi Business Development
10. Lucy Macharia Business Development
11. Steve Mwei
Several other employees in the finance and administrative positions have also been laid off.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: