2 men docked for allegedly stoning police station gate, damaging shop

An Abeokuta Magistrate’s Court sitting in Isabo granted two men N100, 000 bail for unlawful damage of a kiosk, causing breach of the peace, more.

A criminal in handcuffs

The duo, who are of no fixed address, are standing trial on a four-count charge of conspiracy, unlawful damage of a kiosk, causing breach of the peace  and unlawful possession of an axe.

The prosecutor, Insp. Sunday Eigbejiale, told the court that the two accused persons and others still at large, committed the offences on Feb. 21, at Sabo junction, Abeokuta.

He said the duo and others still at large conspired to commit felony, which led to malicious damage.

The prosecutor explained that the two accused persons and others still at large, were at Sabo junction, in front of a maternity hospital doing nothing, when they suddenly started disturbing, misbehaving and insulting passersby and motorcycle riders, without no reason.

“The two accused persons went ahead and started stoning the police station gate, they also stoned some boys sitting along the roadside.

“The boys got angry with the two accused persons and others now at large, which resulted into conflict among the two groups, but was later settled amicably.

“After a while, the two accused persons and others still at large flew into the street in a manner to cause a breach of the peace when a rescue patrol team invaded the scene and arrested the two accused persons, while others fled.

“Before they were caught, they had already damaged a kiosk, property of one Azizat Adeboye,"  the prosecutor said.

Eigbejiale added that an axe was recovered as an exhibit, which was found at the front of the damaged kiosk.

The prosecutor, said the offences committed contravened Sections 516, 451, 249 (d) and 88 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ogun, 2006.

The two accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charge.

However, the Magistrate, Mrs Oriyomi Sofowora, admitted the two accused persons to bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties each.

She adjourned the case till March 20, for further hearing.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

DPP clarifies reports of dropping Sh588M case against Waititu

DPP clarifies reports of dropping Sh588M case against Waititu

Wetangula declares majority coalition in National Assembly

Wetangula declares majority coalition in National Assembly

President Ruto jets out of the country [Photos]

President Ruto jets out of the country [Photos]

MPs propose overhaul of election system in Kenyan universities

MPs propose overhaul of election system in Kenyan universities

Fresh trouble for Keroche after court ruling

Fresh trouble for Keroche after court ruling

President Museveni issues personal apology over son's distasteful remarks

President Museveni issues personal apology over son's distasteful remarks

Ruto's impromptu visit to Parliament sparks speculation [Video]

Ruto's impromptu visit to Parliament sparks speculation [Video]

General Kibochi promotes 2022 London Marathon silver winner

General Kibochi promotes 2022 London Marathon silver winner

GMO foods: 4 most burning queries Kenyans are asking Google

GMO foods: 4 most burning queries Kenyans are asking Google