How to prepare lemon and sugar body scrubs
Lemons are antibacterial, they can help treat acne.
1. Slice a lemon and squeeze both halves into a small bowl (minus the seeds, of course).
2. Add two tablespoons of sugar (reason: exfoliation) and one tablespoon of honey, stirring well to form a medium-thick consistency. Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it pulls water into the skin to keep it moisturized," says Shamban. If the scrub is too thick, add a few drops of water.
3. Massage a tablespoon of olive oil into your skin to protect your face from overly abrasive sugar granules. "Olive oil is filled with anti-inflammatory properties and cell-replenishing lipids, which are great for dry, sensitive skin," Shamban explains.
4. Apply the lemonade mixture to your face using circular motions be gentle under your eyes and around your nose and leave it on for five minutes.
READ ALSO: 3 uses of ginger for your skin and hair
5. Rinse skin with cool water, pat dry, and apply a thick moisturizer for an extra glow If you have any leftover scrub, massage it into your hands to buff away callouses and rough patches.
6. Feel awesome, take a selfie, and get to sleep.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: