Ethnic jewelry designers such as Pat Mbela are taking the beaded Maasai accessory game to the next level by coming up with body accessories which can be worn over an outfit to bring the whole look to life. Sometimes, all you need to add flair to your look is one stand out piece be it a bag or a piece of jewelry. We are seeing this trend more and more.
Kenyan celebs show us how to rock a beaded body accessory (Photos)
This is definitely one way to make your outfit pop
At Groove Awards red carpet, we spotted the beaded body accessory trend on Lisa Akumu, who went for a simple LBD and heels then wore a beaded accessory over it to add some oomph to the look. The beaded accessory was by Sharon Wendo, of Epic Jewelry.
Body accessories are great for days when you need to turn heads as they’re not necessarily practical for everyday activities. For instance, you can’t just panda a mat in a beaded body accessory lol it really wouldn’t be practical. But, you can sure as hell grab it and wear it over a dress or even gown when attending upscale events. One thing about the beaded body accessory is that you have an option to either get one that drapes the body from the shoulders to the waist length or if you’re not that extra, you could get one that drapes just the shoulders. I like to think that it’s the perfect way to add a pop of color or turn a basic outfit from dull to dazzling. Kenyan celebrities have been rocking the beaded body accessory and we can learn a think or two from them on how to incorporate it into your look.
Check out how:
1. Singer, Yvonne Darq rocked hers over a prints co-ord set.
2. Media personality Kobi Kihara wore a colorful beaded body accessory over a black dress with statement sleeves.
3. TV host, Aisha Wanjiku looked lovely wearing her beaded body accessory over a simple turtle neck and jeans ensemble.
4. When is luxury PR marketer Lucia Musau not looking great? She wore her colorful body accessory over a red dress and looked stunning.
5. KTN's Mary Mwikali went for one that drapes only the shoulders.
6. The Trend host, Amina Abdi wore a full body body accessory over a long black gown for a gorgeous stand out look, during a photo shoot.
7. Commercial model and stylist Sharon Otieno was elegant in a chic LBD which she styled with a body accessory.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: