These are the looks that stole the show at the Groove Awards 2018 (Photos)
Joyce Omondi, Awinja and many others brought their fashion A game
The event, which is in its 13th edition was curated to celebrate and recognize the achievers in Kenya’s Gospel industry.
This year, it was good to see different people emerge winners. Timeless Noel took home five awards winning the Song of the Year, Dance of the Year, Most Downloaded Skiza Tune, Hype man of the Year and Collabo of the Year through his song Odi Dance. Other notable winners were DJ Mo who bagged the Personality of the Year Award.
As for the red carpet fashion, it's fair to say that this year, celebrities pulled up their socks. We are definitely not where we need to be when it comes to red carpet fashion, albeit, we are getting there slowly, but steadily.
The red carpet fashion at the Groove Awards was okay-ish. As a public figure, your looks will be scrutinized, so while making an appearance, it’s always important to solicit the services of a celebrity stylist and makeup artist so that you look your very best.
I don’t understand why most Kenyan celebrities show up for red carpet events looking like they did the bare minimum to dress up. Some tried, and we laud them for that; others, not so much. Kenyan gents seem to either REALLY love ill fitting suits or have no clue on how to buy the right size of a suit.
Gents, the crotch needs not hang aimlessly, the length of the pants needs to be just right. The blazer needs to fit well at she shoulders and waist. Is it really that hard to get that right? Sigh, before I get carried away, that’s a conversation we need to have another day. For now, we shall let them off the hook.
Here is the list of best dressed celebrities at the Groove Awards:
1. Laura Kawrirwa's outfit was a little busy and all over the place, nevertheless, she wore it with grace and confidence.
2. We love Beverlyne Wangari's effortlessly chic style and the choice of a slicked up top bun.
3. Awinja went for a monochrome look, trussing herself up in a form-fitting jumpsuit with an overskirt and a matching stiletto.
She kept the makeup minimal and had her hair into a side swept do.
4. Joyce Omondi was stunning in an electric blue one shoulder gown with a bow detail.
We however feel that she should have gone for a hair updo instead.
5. Esther Wahome was simple but elegant in a white gown with a tail just long enough to steal the show.
6. NTV's Grace Ekirapa is fighting for the best dressed personality spot as she has managed to wow us with her looks literally every time.
She was stunning in an off shoulder fishtail gown, complete with a shoe that matched her clutch.
7. We love Alex Mwaura's fitting suit look.
Cropped pants look best styled without socks and this gent, definitely knows his suit look game.
8. The dress and pregnancy glow on Doris Thomas was definitely admirable.
9. When in doubt, always go for a well fitting jumpsuit like Nina Milano.
We love that she went for a hair updo and a colored lippie for a pop of color.
10. Will paul gets it right, at least most of the time.
His burgandy double breasted suit paired with a turtle neck and velvet loafers was quite a look.
11. Shawawa's dress had that old Hollywood vintage vibe.
It's an okay look, the hair could have been styled differently to make the whole look a 10.
12. Chiza Musenge looked dapper. Simple, different and effortlessly stylish.
13. Moji Short Baba wasn't there to play. Suit game on point!
14. Avril went for a white number with statement sleeves, matching sandal heels and a statement clutch.
The hairdo complemented the look perfectly.
Which is your fav?
All images courtesy of Lucia Musau Live.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: