Lessons on how to dress your curves from Sheila Mwanyigha (Photos)
Curvy girls, this is how to dress your body type
Ever since her Nikki days and dating Prezzo, Sheila has managed to remain relevant in an industry where one day you're in and the next, you're out. The former radio personality, away from the airwaves now keeps herself busy running a YouTube channel, 'Sheila Lives Out Loud', where she interviews different people on a plethora of topics and she juggles that with being the Editor of 'Rembesha', an online hair and beauty magazine and directory.
None of us truly knows her age as she had been 26 for so many years back in the day hehe. However, one thing we are certain about is the fact that the soft spoken beauty is not only gorgeous but also stylish. Sheila is blessed with a curvy body and unlike many curvaceous women, she knows how to flaunt and dress her curves. Ladies, if you're blessed with curves, don't hide them, wear form-fitting clothes and show off that stunning silhouette, just a little bit, not too much. Here are some curvy style lessons we can learn from Sheila.
1. First things first, you need to make sure that you have the right inner wear.
The right size of bra will keep the girls in place without boob spillage and such which subsequently affects how your silhouette looks when you wear form-fitting clothes. You should also consider investing in a shapewear which will come in handy when you need to wear bodycon dresses.
2. Take advantage of belts both skinny and wide, to cinch your waist and help give you a perfectly defined shape.
3. Always have a good tailor who can do small fixes when needed.
This is for those days when you buy something and it turns out bigger than the actual size and needs to be adjusted. Another reason, we could all use a cute and decent custom made Ankara dress.
4. Go for breathable fabrics such as cotton as you sweat less in them, compared to fabrics like polyester.
5. When unsure, a flare and fit dress such as this skater dress should be your go-to.
This design looks great on pretty much any body type.
6. Do not shy away from wearing crop tops.
However, do consider your tummy. You wanna embrace the tummy and the midriff but without looking 'too exposed'. If you have the lower tummy, you could wear cropped tops with high waisted clothes so that the higher midriff is what is left exposed.
7. A great misconception is that figure hugging dresses will make you appear bigger.
Nope, baggy dresses will actually make you appear bigger. Again, show off those curves.
8. One of the must-have wardrobe staples every curvy lady needs is a great pair of black skinny jeans.
When buying jeans, always do a squat test so that you buy the right size. You can grab it as your foundation and pair it with different basics such as a trendy top, oversized shirt and heels or even a bodysuit and heels.
9. Steer clear of plunging necklines. If you have bigger breasts, plunging necklines will not look great on you.
However, you can draw attention away from the puppies using a statement jewelry.
10. A shift dress is a must have!
The quintessential chic outfit for every woman.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: