Finally the Kenya Railways Corporation (KRC)has put up an online portal where people can book SGR online. As of 8 January 2018 the KRC advertised how one can book a ticket using the online platform that they had promised to establish.
Before, commuters could only get a ticket via USSD code *639# or walk physically to the railway station.
Sh 3000 or Sh 700
5 minutes or less
Tools and Supplies needed
Internet enabled phone or computer
President Uhuru at the launch of the SGR train (Capital FM)
So here is how to book an SGR ticket online
- Go to metickets.krc.co.ke
- Select the preferred type of train
- Select your destination
- Select the travel date
- Select the coach type and indicate the number of passengers
- Enter the passenger details
- Select the payment option (the only payment option available is MPesa)
Kenya Railways notifies commuters the following:
- Customers should print the ticket at the Madaraka Express Passenger Stations using details provided in the confirmation message.
- Passengers can be able to book tickets thirty days in advance.
- Group bookings (over 20 pax) must be officially made thirty two days in advance.
For more enquiries a customer should call 0709388888 or send an E-mail to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.