Before choosing a name for your baby, dig for details to know more about the name. Know it’s origin as well as its meaning. Some names are seemingly cute and sweet but the meanings are evil or so negative that you will not want your baby to carry such a name.
Baby names with the worst meanings
No child deserves such a name
Check out some of the names with the worst meanings:
1. Courtney – means short nose
2. Portia – means pig
3. Cameron – crooked nose
4. Caleb – could mean faithful but also mean ‘dog’ in Hebrew
5. Cecilia – blind
6. Claudia – disabled
7. Deidre – a sad one
8. Emily – rival
9. Leah – means ‘light of the sun’ but also means ‘tired or weary’ in Hebrew
10. Mara – means bitter
11. Calvin – means bald
12. Tristan – sorrow
13. Hecate – goddess of witchcraft
14. Keres – evil spirits
15. Jezebel – we all know how evil Jezebel was from the Bible
16. Lilith – ghost
17. Thana – means death in Arabic
18. Zilla – gloom
19. Loralei – a German name which means ‘a woman who leads a man to his death’
Despite these names having negative meanings, it’s good to note that some names have different meanings. For instance, one name may have an awesome meaning and still have an awful meaning depending on its origin, language and where one lives.
So, just dig deeper and know the different meanings of a certain name before giving it to your baby.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: