These bridesmaids who slayed the all black look prove that black is a happy color
Increasingly, modern day brides are going for an all black theme, where the bridesmaids and all guests wear all black and only the bride wears white. If you ask me, I think it's an amazing way to standout. All eyes will be on you. It's fair to say that in Kenya, this trend was started by stylist and fashion panelist, Annabel Onyango whose wedding to Sauti Sol's manager, Marek left tongues wagging. The mother of one walked down the aisle in a stunning gown with a lace top and overskirt bottom to tie the knot to her hubs who was also clad in all white as the guests, trussed up in all black outfits cheered on. That was one wedding Kenyans will never forget!
Popular actress, Catherine Kamau also went for the all black theme for her nuptials with Phil Karanja and well, they definitely pulled it off.
Many other brides out there have chosen the color, once associated with mourning and sadness to be the standout color on their wedding day, proving indeed that black is no longer a sad color. Modern weddings are all about doing what you feel like as it's your big day and really, you're allowed to wing it.
Have a look at these bridesmaids who absolutely slayed in all black outfits.
1. How stunning are these sweetheart neckline fishtail gowns?
Love how they all matched in similar hairstyles and chokers.
2. This bride was perfectly complemented by her bridesmaids in form-fitting black gowns.
3. Sequins and slicked back hair. Yas!
4. Wow! These thigh-high slit dresses are everything!
5. These bridesmaids went for one shoulder and halter neck dresses.
6. Elegant in off-shoulder dresses.
7. Bustier maxi dresses.
8. Halter neck flowy gowns.
9. Thigh-high slit sequined gowns. Elegance at its best.
10. I love these simple yet stylish dresses and the matching ponytails.
11. These bridesmaids went for knee length dresses instead of the customary long dresses.
ALSO READ: 10 stunning photos of bridesmaids in white
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: