- Megan Thee Stallion is clarifying misinformation and rumors circulating after she suffered multiple gunshot wounds early Sunday morning.
- The "Savage" singer says she was "never arrested" and the experience was "a blessing in disguise."
- Megan says was rushed to the hospital for surgery and expects to fully recover.
Megan Thee Stallion Just 'Set The Record Straight' On The Weekend Shooting She Was Involved In
She wrote in the caption: "I was never arrested. This whole experience was an eye opener and a blessing in disguise. I hate that it took this experience for me to learn how to protect my energy."
Megan went into more detail in the all-text image: "The narrative that is being reported about Sunday's morning events are inaccurate and I'd like to set the record straight. On Sunday morning, I suffered gunshot wounds, as a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me. I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets. I'm incredibly grateful to be alive and that I'm expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify the details about this traumatic night."
Previous reports falsely claimed that Megan had been arrested over the weekend alongside Tory Lanez while in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles. Lanez was arrested on Sunday by the Los Angeles Police Department Hollywood, according to court documents Us Weekly reported.
Megan is already looking to the future and ended her Instagram on a positive note: "I'm currently focused on my recovery, so I can return back to my life and back to making music as soon as possible."
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: