Panic as Kenyans are warned off meat this festive season

This is after a suspected outbreak in Samburu.

This is after 50 people were admitted in hospital in Samburu after consuming the meat of a dead camel that had been sick for days before.

Experts have warned that consuming meat of a dead animal is risky as most animal diseases are transferable to humans.

To avoid anthrax infection, doctors have provided the following tips:

Anthrax has the following symptoms

Should you experience any of these symptoms after consuming suspect meat, it's vital to consult a physician immediately.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

Mike Sonko reacts to court clearing swearing-in of Anne Kananu

Mike Sonko reacts to court clearing swearing-in of Anne Kananu

Yahoo Boy jailed in Edo for pretending to be James Bond actor

Yahoo Boy jailed in Edo for pretending to be James Bond actor

3 CSs host Raila in Nyamira County for major Harambee

3 CSs host Raila in Nyamira County for major Harambee

Police launch manhunt for man who assaulted his 90-year-old mother in Makueni

Police launch manhunt for man who assaulted his 90-year-old mother in Makueni

1 dead: How Komothai Girls defended themselves after boys invaded their dorm

1 dead: How Komothai Girls defended themselves after boys invaded their dorm

New closing time for Bars and Restaurants, CS clarifies on wearing masks

New closing time for Bars and Restaurants, CS clarifies on wearing masks

Police act after bombing incident at Boniface Mwangi's Machakos home

Police act after bombing incident at Boniface Mwangi's Machakos home

90-year-old's dream comes true after he got an audience with Uhuru [Video]

90-year-old's dream comes true after he got an audience with Uhuru [Video]

2 women in viral video of Ndichu twins finally narrate what led to assault

2 women in viral video of Ndichu twins finally narrate what led to assault