9 things all Kenyan drivers must know about the new Third License Sticker
Plive.co.ke gathered some important facts about the New Third Licence Sticker.
However, the elephant in the room was; what are the benefits of this electronic chip and what are some of the facts about it?
Because of this, Plive.co.ke gathered some important details about the New Third Licence Sticker:
1. The License will bear the vehicle’s registration and ownership. It will also have tax, chassis number and make, insurance validation and other compliance and legal requirement.
2. The electronic chip will cost Kenyan drivers Sh700.
3. It will expire after 10 years and upon expiry, drivers are expected to renew it at Sh700.
4. Motorists are to register on the Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS).
5. The Third License sticker should be placed on the vehicle’s windscreen.
6. It cannot be forged and is automatically destroyed when removed or tampered with.
7. The chip will help detect stolen cars through various checkpoints and automated statistics on traffic volumes.
8. It will also assist the Government to know the number of cars in the country.
9. The deadline to acquire the chip is July 1, 2017.
Read Also: Urgent message to all Kenyan drivers
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: