Man electrocuted to death while using charging iPhone in bath

A 32-year-old has been electrocuted to death after he tried using his charging iPhone in the bath.

iPhone

The 32-year-old man identified as Richard was found covered in severe burns to his chest, arms, and hand, so much so that his wife who made the discovered thought he had been attacked.

The Sun reports that  the deceased is thought to have used an extension box with its cable running into the bathroom from the hallway then rested the phone against his chest.

As soon as the phone touched the water, Richard was electrocuted and died instantly.

Recording a verdict of accidental death, the coroner said, “These (iPhones) seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.

“They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

The mother of the deceased had this to say:

“I worry so many people, and especially teenagers who can’t be separated from their phones, don’t know how dangerous it is.”

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

Gideon Moi speaks after Moi High School dorm fire [Video]

Gideon Moi speaks after Moi High School dorm fire [Video]

History of Arimi's, the beloved milking jelly that Kenyans can't get enough of

History of Arimi's, the beloved milking jelly that Kenyans can't get enough of

Lands CS Farida Karoney’s sister succumbs to cancer

Lands CS Farida Karoney’s sister succumbs to cancer

Ngirici and Alai's public spat gets personal as he shares his KCSE certificate

Ngirici and Alai's public spat gets personal as he shares his KCSE certificate

Alert - City roads that will be closed over the weekend

Alert - City roads that will be closed over the weekend

Moi University closed indefinitely [Statement]

Moi University closed indefinitely [Statement]

Oscar Sudi speaks after KNEC declared his academic certificates were fake

Oscar Sudi speaks after KNEC declared his academic certificates were fake

Kakamega high priest Shem Shamalla dies after short illness

Kakamega high priest Shem Shamalla dies after short illness

World Bank approves Kenya's Sh16 billion loan on strict conditions

World Bank approves Kenya's Sh16 billion loan on strict conditions