St Christopher Mabanga Girls' 100 Mabanga Girls' students treated of food poisoning

  • Published:

100 students were on Friday rushed to hospital after...

play School girls. (Courtesy)

Over 100 of Bungoma’s Mabanga Girls’ School students were on Friday treated of severe stomach aches and discharged.

The Kabuchai Constituency based school students were suspected to have consumed contaminated food, commonly food poisoning.

READ: Uhuru makes new announcement after Gikomba fire

The students complained of stomachaches, diarrhea, vomiting and headaches after having supper on Thursday evening.

Confirming the unfortunate incident, school Principal Mrs Consolata Ong'ong'o said they rushed them to a Khalaba private hospital, as there are no nurses in public hospitals. Health facility Mr Edwin Mutunga, said that all the learners had similar symptoms.

Bungoma education director Jacob Onyiego and Richard Sabwami, county representative of Kenya Secondary Heads Association, asked parents not to worry "as the situation is under control".

"They were admitted at the nearest facility...we are yet to establish what they are suffering from...let's wait for the results."

 

Subscribe to the Pulselive Newsletter!
Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Live Kenya?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +254708994405, Social Media @pulselivekenya: #PulseLiveEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulselive.co.ke.

Top 3

1 Lake Nakuru Heartbreaking details of Lake Nakuru Chopper Accident releasedbullet
2 Kenneth Marende Marende Speaks after accusations of helping Jubilee to...bullet
3 Lake Nakuru Anxiety as 3 officials attached to Jubilee Senator go...bullet

Local