9 photos that will inspire you to ditch your heels for stylish sneakers
Give your heels a break
If I ruled the world, it would be compulsory for everyone to own at least three pairs of sneakers; a good mix of great trainers like a Nike pair, something casual chic like Yeezys and Converse or Vans. You know why? Cause they're comfy, unisex and they look great with literally everything. Yes, everything! Plus, you can wear them to nearly any casual occasion, including a night out. I cannot stress the important of owning sneakers as they effortlessly merge comfort and style.
Ladies who are used to heels may find it hard to warm up to sneakers and feel like they look a bit awkward by pairing them with outfits other than jeans and leggings but these photos prove that sneakers can be worn with nearly everything and they're a wardrobe must-have:
1. You can wear your sneakers with skirts.
Be it mini, midi, maxi skirts, pairing them with sneakers will give you an edgy weekend look.
2. You can wear them with your casual jumpsuits.
We love how this lady styled her boiler suit with Vans. For jumpsuits to look great with sneakers, go for casual jumpsuits such as those that are less form-fitting.
3. Dress shirts paired with sneakers? A look!
4. Short shorts paired with a graphic or statement tee and trendy sneakers is the perfect look for a sporty weekend, say when watching a match with friends or even a roadtrip.
5. Thought you couldn't wear a suit with sneakers? Well, you thought wrong.
In fact, pairing your suit with sneakers instead of heels is so in vogue and celebrity approved.
6. You can style your leggings, co-ord sets, jeans, or even joggers with sneakers for that casual chic airport or street style.
7. And yeah hunny, you can also wear your sneakers with bodycon dresses.
The beauty of sneakers is that the styling options, to be quite honest, are limitless.
8. Maxi dresses too. In fact, one way to achieve an eclectic look is to style an outfit that normally wouldn't be worn with sneaker, with sneakers.
When it comes to fashion, you don't always have to follow the rule books.
9. You can also go hit the club with sneakers because? If Rihanna does it, so can you.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: