Servings per Recipe: 6
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount per Serving
- Calories 268.5
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 251.4 mg
- Potassium 634.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 35.6 g
calories of Beef, top sirloin, (4 oz)
16 calories of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (0.13 tbsp)
7 calories of Red Ripe Tomatoes, (0.50 plum tomato)
5 calories of Cornstarch, (0.01 cup)
4 calories of Tomato Paste, (0.02 cup)
3 calories of Onions, raw, (0.08 medium (2-1/2" dia))
- 500g beef.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup yellow or red onion, diced
- 2 tsp. curry powder mix (optional)
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 2 cans sweet peas
- 1 cup diced/crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. fresh coriander.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the pan.
- Add the meat in the pan and let it cook without adding water first. Stir repeatedly to prevent it from sticking.
- Cover the pan until all the water in the meat has evaporated.
- Add a little water let the meat cook until tender.
- Next add garlic and spices, stirring constantly to prevent any sticking.
- Add peas and tomatoes; stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Put in the beef and crumbled Royco Beef Cubes Beef Cubes cook until fragrant, then add tomatoes and water until it forms a thick paste.
- Bring to a slight boil, turn heat down to low setting and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves on top of the stew as it simmers.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
About Kenyan Beef stew
Beef stew is a popular meal among Kenyans that is served in many households. The beef stew is taken with chapatti and/or rice. Kenyans also love taking beef stew with Ugali which is a popular Kenyan staple starch.
Kenyans love eating beef stew in occasions such as weddings, family gatherings and many other celebrations. The beef stew can either consist of lamb or beef.
3.5 out of 5