Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i was appointed as the chair of the newly constituted National Development Implementation and Communication Committee.
7 new roles Matiang'i will perform after Uhuru's appointment
New responsibilities for Matiang'i
President Uhuru Kenyatta in Executive Order Number 1 of 2019 also named Treasury CS Henry Rotich as the Vice-chairperson.
The functions of the committee will be:
1. Provide supervisory leadership throughout the delivery cycle of all National Government programmes and Projects.
2. The committee will also receive and deliberate on reports from the National Development Implementation Technical Committee.
3. They will provide timely guidance on appropriate measures to address challenges constraining effective implementation and delivery of projects.
4. Matang'i, as the chairman, will also monitor and evaluate follow-up mechanisms for resources allocated for the projects to ensure proper utilization and realization of the targeted outcome.
5. He will also provide coordinated strategic communication to the public and other stakeholders on the progress of the projects.
6. The CS will prepare accurate and timely progress reports for presentation to the president and perform other functions as directed by the president.
7. The committee will also perform any function as may be directed by the President.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: