I have nothing against Mike Sonko, a top Jubilee official speaks out

He has also dismissed an earlier demand by embattled Sonko that Peter Kenneth apologises to President Uhuru Kenyatta for refusing to back him in the 2013 General Election.

___6401678___https:______static.pulse.com.gh___webservice___escenic___binary___6401678___2017___3___21___8___uhur_sonko

Speaking in response to the spate cast against him on a live televised interview implicating him to be behind the plot to block his nomination for the Nairobi gubernatorial seat, Murathe has instead asked Sonko to seek alternatives if he felt he will not get fairness during the nominations.

Peter Kenneth, according to Mike Sonko, has received favour from Jubilee’s top brass, but the president in an interview yesternight, refuted the allegations, saying that the people will chose the senator. Uhuru maintained that he was available to mediate the two, just in case of fallout.

“The fact is, nobody has any intention to block anyone. The man is very dishonest because he knows that some of us even went out of our way to find out from the DCI (Directorate of Criminal Investigations) why they cleared him to vie (in the past) but are now delaying to do so,” Murathe said.

Last week Thursday, senator claimed that he was unable to unable to obtain a certificate of good conduct, moving with speed to spill the beans on the possibility of the party being behind the mess.

Later the senator brandished all his academic papers across his social media pages, and later presented them to the Pangani based Jubilee Party headquarters. Sonko had vowed to sue the party.

“Nothing stops him from running as an independent candidate,” said Murathe adding that Sonko is highly likely to miss the required votes, owing to his conduct. He has lashed at the senator saying that the senator ought to talk with dignity.

With President Kenyatta aware that clean nominations are a major test for the party, everything is being done to ensure they are fair and are credible, said the official.

During an interview on Citizen TV on Sunday, Sonko named Murathe as among individuals who were keen to frustrate his bid. Sonko yesterday apologised for his behaviour and remarks.

A poll recently conducted by our social media team shows that Peter Kenneth and Mike Sonko are tying on the possibility of cling the ticket, both at 48 per cent, followed by Margaret Wanjiru and Dennis Waweru trailing at merger 0.9 percent.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

'Sina maoni' man granted all expenses paid holiday trip

'Sina maoni' man granted all expenses paid holiday trip

Security beefed up at Bomas, causes stand-off between police and Azimio politicians [Video]

Security beefed up at Bomas, causes stand-off between police and Azimio politicians [Video]

Presidential candidate concedes defeat, endorses William Ruto

Presidential candidate concedes defeat, endorses William Ruto

Raila's 1st public address as Kenyans await 2022 presidential election result [Video]

Raila's 1st public address as Kenyans await 2022 presidential election result [Video]

Igathe, Omanga concede defeat in Nairobi

Igathe, Omanga concede defeat in Nairobi

Revealed: Details of missing IEBC official’s last phone call with family

Revealed: Details of missing IEBC official’s last phone call with family

Sakaja wins in Nairobi as Azimio takes Senator and Woman Representative

Sakaja wins in Nairobi as Azimio takes Senator and Woman Representative

Disputed 2022 gubernatorial elections [List]

Disputed 2022 gubernatorial elections [List]

Details of Uhuru’s call with U.S Secretary Of State

Details of Uhuru’s call with U.S Secretary Of State