Join the "kua rada" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily
Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.co.ke daily newsletter.
Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has issued a new order that will see him lose his own multi-million plot in Nairobi’s Buru Buru estate.
In an announcement he made on his social media pages, the Governor said that he would not entertain people grabbing public land and also called on residents to vacate with immediate effect.
Among the areas he mentioned included his own Buru Buru plot and that of former Starehe Member of Parliament Maina Kamanda.
Sonko further noted that all the officials involved in land grabbing exercise will be brought to book together with those who own the grabbed lands.
Other areas he named include;
- Proposed land for Gigiri & Ruaraka firestations
- Highridge hospital in parklands
- New Muthaiga Thigiri ridge county dispensary & Nursery school
- Grabbed Pumwani hospital expansion structures
- Eastleigh county Market
- Mwariro county market
- Langata primary school land
- St. Catherine primary school land
- Buru Buru Girls school land
- Martin Luther primary school land
- Kamkunji Secondary school land
- Langata sec. school land
- Grabbed land reserved for South C market and land reserved for Nyayo estate police post
- All county public roads/accesses, grabbed land in all the estates within Nairobi reserved for playgrounds, public social halls and all encroachments on public land including houses constructed on sewer line and Nairobi water pipeline.
Mike Sonko's post (Courtesy)