Speaker bans MPs from carrying power banks to parliament after explosion
An MPs' power bank exploded, disrupting debate in the house
Ndugai made the rather unprecedented ruling after a power bank exploded on Monday during a parliamentary session.
Debate in the house was interrupted as MPs scampered for safety after a power back belonging to Nsimbo MP Richard Mbogo exploded while charging two phones at the same time.
No person was injured during the melee.
At the same time, the Clerk of the Tanzania Parliament has been directed to grant a special award to a security guard who had volunteered to carry the burning power bank out of the chambers – thus stopping the fire from spreading.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: