Different stylish ways you can accessorize natural hairstyles (photos)
Ladies, natural hair doesn't have to be a boring affair
Lucky for us black women, we can change our hair whenever we feel like. If we feel like getting the big chop, we can rock short hair. We can also rock our hair natural, have it braided into box braids, faux locks or cornrows, rock crochet weaves, etc. Still, at some point, you can get bored especially if you’re not used to having one style on for too long. But did you know that you can accessorize the hair to get a different look?
Natural hair accessories come in all forms and designs and you can rock them differently, depending on the occasion.
Here are some great examples:
1. If you get bored of your braids, accessorize them with strings.
2. You could also use strings on your natural hair to add a dramatic twist to the look.
3. Get a statement headband such as one made of cowrie shells.
4. You could also keep it simple with a minimalist headband.
5. Try out the exposed hair pins trend on your natural hair.
6. Use hair rings or metallic beads on your braids or dreadlocks.
7. You can never go wrong with hair beads...
8. Ankara wax fabric for the bold ladies is also an option.
9. Or you could have a cute hair accessory such as a hairpin made of Ankara or Kitenge fabric.
9. A flower crown always comes in handy for social events such as daytime festivals.
10. A Maasai headband for a special occassion...or when you need to make a statement.
11. Lastly, you could always play around with DIY and turn something such as defunct necklace or belt into a head turning accessory! Be creative...
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: