This week Pulselive is baking some delectable sugar cookies that will melt in your mouth but still have that lovely cookie crunch.
The 8-minute crumbly Sugar Cookies
Yes! We said 8 minutes.
We always like to make things quick and easy for everybody so this week our crumbly homemade sweets will only take you 8 MINUTES to bake.
The Pulselive Twist for crumbly Sugar Cookies
With any and all baked goods how you mix the ingredients always has a drastic (and sometimes dramatic) effect on the finished product.
This week, the Pulselive Twist is a very simple ingredient that is often overlooked and altogether disregarded when it comes to baking pastries - salt!
A pinch or half a teaspoon of salt is always a life-changer for baked goods. Salt enhances flavours.
The main ingredient in sugar cookies is sugar, which can be overwhelming, just a bit of salt will balance out the sweetness to make the cookie more palatable.
6 cups All-purpose wheat flour
2 cups Mmargarine or Butter
2 cups Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional)
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- In a large bowl cream together the margarine/butter, salt and sugar until sugar particles are completely dissolved.
- Add the two eggs and mix well. Mix in the baking powder and vanilla essence.
- Mix in the flour, one cup at a time until well combined. In case the flour does not lump together, add a few tablespoons of milk gradually to mix.
- In case you can still see sugar crystals in your cookie dough, leave it to rest for about 30 minutes before you roll it out.
- Roll out the dough into about 1 centimetre thick and cut out cookies as desired. This amount of dough should yield at least 30 cookies depending on your cookie cutter size.
- If you have a non-stick oven tray that would be ideal for the cookies but in case you don't, feel free to improvise with a pizza tray or a baking tin. You may need to spread some margarine on the surface and dust it with flour before you lay the cookies.
- Heat your oven at about 225 degrees Celsius.
- Bake these cookies for strictly 8 MINUTES. Depending on the heat of your oven, the edges of the cookie may brown but they don't worry if they don't, the cookie will be ready in eight minutes.
- You can dust them with a bit of icing sugar or drizzle some royal icing to glam you sugar cookies before serving.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: