10 important announcements Matiang'i made while releasing KCPE Results
Here are the ten important things Matiang'i said today
Matiangi expressed full confidence in the results which were released early because they were marked by Optical Mark Recognition Machines.
He made his statements at Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD).
Here are 10 important announcements he made concerning the 2017 KCPE:
1. The first and the second best candidate were from public schools. Mr. Matiang'i highlighted that public schools were coming up well.
2. The top pupil scored 455 marks as compared to last year's 437. The Education Minister said: ”If last year's candidate was ranked, they would not even rank in the top 20".
3. Parents and candidates can get the results by sending index number to 22252.
4. The CS disclosed that 9,846 candidates scored over 400 marks up from 5,943 during the 2016 KCPE exams.
5. Candidates who scored less than 100 marks were reduced by over 4000 candidates that is from 6,747 in 2016 to 2,360 in 2017
6. There were no registered malpractices and irregularities. Mr. Matiang’í also stated there were no missing marks adding that accuracy was at 99.98 percent.
7. Secondary school placement will be done by December 4, 2017, and on Jamhuri Day December 12, all pupils will have been placed. He divulged that when form one placement is done, the letters will be accessible electronically as it was the case last year
8. Candidates who scored above 400 marks will be placed in National schools.
9. The CS confirmed that Public schools that have produced top 100 candidates will receive a special financial allocation to support their infrastructure.
10. Mr. Matiang'i divulged that free secondary education will roll out in 2018 as President Uhuru Kenyatta instructed him to ensure the form one placement is done early to ensure the process starts.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: