9 great style lessons from Groove Award winner, Masterpiece
Style for days!
The 'Chini ya Mwamba' hitmaker is without a doubt one of the most fashionable male celebrities in Kenya. Unlike other Gospel artistes, Masterpiece has an edgy appearance as he sports colored hair and the latest trendy outfits; it's safe to say that he has an eye for what's stylish.
One thing I love about the kiddo is the fact that he does not afraid of rocking unconventional looks such as donning florals and prints, which many men shy away from or consider a little too metrosexual for their liking. But, why be like everyone else when you can be different? Masterpiece has the triad any superstar needs, looks (He's such a cutie and yes I'm shooting my cougar shot), style and talent. Indeed, our fellow Kenyan men can learn a thing or two on all things style from him, like:
1. When in doubt, go for the classic blazer (a well fitting one please) shirt and jeans look.
2. We love this look of subtly distressed jeans, paired with a tee, shearling denim jacket and vans.
As a guy, you should alternate official shoes with casual shoes such as vans, slip ons or even Chelsea boots.
3. Casual printed suits are so in vogue judging from what we are seeing on the runways and on fashion aficionados.
We love how he styled the suit with a turtle neck and sneakers. Very chic and modern.
4. Isn't this the perfect weekend look though? When style effortlessly merges with comfort.
Joggers are a must-have. They're comfy, stylish and girls like men in joggers *wink* style them with mandals (male sandals) like Masterpiece and a sweatshirt or t-shirt for a comfy casual weekend look.
5. Another weekend look.
Chino shorts are super summery, especially when paired with cute tees or a casual shirt like one made from Linen. Customarily, many people like to pair their shorts with slip on shoes or boat shoes but you can break the rules and pair them with sneakers and cute socks like Masterpiece, for that artist-meets-New Yorker look.
6. Yas to florals. And yes, men can rock florals and pink too.
Florals are perennial and can easily add flair to a basic look. Especially, floral tees and shirts.
7. A man's wardrobe is incomplete without several pairs of sneakers in different designs and colors; something for each occassion.
8. Do not shy away from accessories. If anything, level up your accessorizing game with male jewelry and trendy hats, glasses and man pouches.
9. Lastly, don't forget to groom, be confident and take your swag with you wherever you go.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: