- NSE All-share index and market capitalisation drops by 2.45% in post-election trading.
- Eighteen (18) equities gained in price during the week while forty-five (45) equities depreciated in price and one hundred and five (105) equities remained unchanged.
- The market recorded a total turnover of 1.11 billion shares worth N13.46 billion in 15,036 deals by investors.
The 10 best and worst performing stocks in post-election trading on NSE
During the week, eighteen (18) equities appreciated in price while forty-five (45) equities depreciated.
Nigerian equities market closed negative in post-election trading as all-share index and market capitalisation depreciated by 2.45% to close the week at 31,142.72 and N11.614 trillion respectively.
The negative performance was largely attributable to profit taking in African Prudence Plc, Zenith Bank and some tier-2 lenders in the country.
During the week, all other indices declined with the exception of the NSE ASeM and NSE Oil/Gas indices which appreciated by 0.21% and 0.09% respectively.
According to the figures, eighteen (18) equities appreciated in price during the week while forty-five (45) equities depreciated in price and one hundred and five (105) equities remained unchanged.
The market recorded a total turnover of 1.113 billion shares worth N13.465 billion in 15,036 deals by investors in contrast to a total of 1.290 billion shares valued at N13.873 billion that exchanged hands last week in 17,307 deals.
The Top 10 decliners for the week
- AFRICA PRUDENTIAL PLC -20.83%
- FCMB GROUP PLC -12.74%
- ZENITH BANK PLC -11.82%
- INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC. -10.93%
- WEMA BANK PLC -10.47%
- UNITY BANK PLC -10.00%
- JAIZ BANK PLC -10.00%
- LEARN AFRICA PLC -9.66%
- UPDC REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST -9.24%
- TRANSCORP HOTELS PLC -9.24%
Top 10 gainers for the week
- CAP PLC 10%
- MCNICHOLS PLC 9.62%
- ROYAL EXCHANGE PLC 9.37%
- CADBURY NIGERIA PLC 9.09%
- UACN PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC 7.14%
- NEIMETH INTERNATIONAL PHARMACEUTICALS PLC 4.69%
- MUTUAL BENEFITS ASSURANCE PLC 4.35%
- NEM INSURANCE PLC 4.17%
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC 3.57%
- NASCON ALLIED INDUSTRIES PLC 3.50%
As investors lost N291.5 billion during the week, analysts at Afrinvest Securities Limited expect to see bargain hunting in early trading sessions as market opens on Monday.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: