- To tag someone in your Snapchat story, you must first create your Snap and then select the Text menu to access the tagging option.
- You can manually enter a Snapchat username to tag someone, or scroll through and select a friend from a list of recent Snap contacts.
- When you tag someone on Snapchat, you can customize it as you would standard text, but it will appear underlined to denote how it's different.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories .
When you post a photo or video to your Snapchat story, tagging your friends or followed accounts is a great way to connect stories, share memories, spotlight interests or brands, and even spark conversation among multiple users.
If you want to tag someone in your Snapchat story, you'll have to use the social platform's @mention feature. Like the Instagram Story tagging feature , Snapchat lets you manually or automatically add a user's name from a list generated after you begin typing.
Once you've tagged someone, that user will be notified that you've mentioned them in your snap story. If you aren't already friends, they'll also have the ability to swipe up and add you or view any public stories you've posted.
Here's how to tag someone on Snapchat.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to tag someone on Snapchat using the "@" button
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Take or record your Snap.
3. In the vertical menu that appears in the upper right of the screen, select the "T" symbol.
4. Right above your keyboard in the very left, you'll see an "@" symbol. Tap it.
5 . Next to the @ symbol, swipe to the left to scroll through the list of contacts automatically generated.
6. Tap on any name you wish to add.
7. Personalize the tag as you see fit. You can change the font, size, or color before positioning it on your Snap screen.
8. Tap Done when you're finished and ready to post or send your Snap.
Related coverage from Tech Reference :
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat by attaching them to your photos or videos
- How to enable and use Snapchat filters and lenses on an iPhone or Android phone
- How to reverse a video on Snapchat using a free, built-in filter
- How to send a voice message on Snapchat to your friends
- How to use Shazam on Snapchat to identify and save any song playing nearby
NOW WATCH: Pathologists debunk 13 coronavirus myths
- How to send your location on Snapchat to your friends through the app's Snap Map feature
- How to create folders in LastPass and organize the files or accounts in your digital Vault
- How to delete an email account on your Android device in 6 simple steps
SEE ALSO: The best smartphones