Boinnet Explains Why Billionaire’s son was shot dead on Sunday

Disturbing revelations

In the public notice, Mr. Boinnet explained why Bunty Shah the son of late Billionaire Vipin Shah was shot.

Bunty was killed by police officers who allegedly raided their house in Westlands at about 3 am over an unspecified search.

The 32-year-old was shot in the chest and pronounced dead when he arrived at MP Shah hospital where he was rushed after the incident.

On Sunday details were scanty as to why the police opened fire at Shah’s residence located at the junction of Peponi and General Mathenge roads.

According to Boinnet, Bunty entered into a gunfight with police officers during an operation in the area.

The IG divulged that the police had information that there was a plot to stage deadly attacks in Nairobi using weapons stored at a building in Westlands.

"Information obtained by the Police indicated that some unidentified individuals were plotting to stage multiple attacks in Nairobi using weapons that were kept in an unoccupied house along Pepopni Road.

During the operation, officers involved came under fire from a balcony of a building cross by the unidentified person continued firing even after being cautioned, forcing the officers to respond. In the ensuing exchange of fire, the individual, who has been identified as Bunty Shah, was fatally injured," the statement read in part.

Mr Boinnet regretted the death of the billionaire's son noting that investigations have been launched.

He further rubbished claims that the operations had a direct link to the raid on Billionaire Jimmy Wanjigi’s home last week.

The deceased uncle Kiru Shah told journalists that Bunty was shot when he peeped from his bedroom window following commotion at his residence.

“He was not resisting, he just heard the commotion and woke up to find out what was happening. That is when he was shot,” Kiru said.

He was at home with his wife, his six months old boy, his mother, and grandmother when the raid was staged by heavily armed officers.

However, a statement by Gigiri police boss Vitalis Otieno contradicted Boinnet as he noted that police were not involved.

“The Directorate of Criminal Investigations has taken up investigations. But there was no officer involved,” Mr Otieno was quoted.


Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: